My Favorite Meals for Baby Led Weaning
It can be exhausting feeding another human 3 times a day. I am always shocked at how hungry these growing kids are and how much they can eat! I prepare her whole foods and healthy foods and try to stay away from processed foods as much as possible. It makes my life easier if I keep the refrigerator and pantry stocked with foods that I can quickly and easily grab for her.
Here is my list of go-to foods that I try to always keep around the house. I usually add a vegetable and fruit to every meal, offering the vegetable first on her plate and the fruit at the end.
Share in the comments your go-to foods that your babies love!
2. Greek Yogurt
3. Cottage Cheese
*Large curd cottage cheese helps them pick it up easier
5. Banana and Egg Pancakes (I mash up 1 large banana and mix it with 2 eggs for the “pancake” batter)
1. Peanut butter toast sandwich
* I leave the jelly off
2. Cheese Quesadilla
3. Garbanzo Beans
* She pops these like popcorn
4. Avocado (sometimes I mash it up and put it on toast)
* When she was younger she had a hard time picking up avocado, but now she can’t get enough of it
5. Turkey Meatballs
1. Baked Sweet Potato
2. Grilled chicken
3. Spaghetti squash
4. Black bean pancakes
* I mash the black beans, add some corn, spices, an egg and some oatmeal and form burgers to cook.
5. Whole wheat pasta with homemade pesto
Veggies with every meal
In the beginning of the week I try to roast a big batch of root veggies. It makes my life easier when I don’t have to think about cooking the veggies, they are already made.
1. Sweet Potato
5. Beets *be warned these can stain
8. Green Beans
Fruits with every meal
This girl could eat fruit all day every day. I always give her a fruit for “dessert” at the end of every meal. I switch up what type of fruit she gets throughout the day, so she usually gets at least three different types of fruit each day.
What are your favorite go-to foods to feed your baby? leave them in the comments!
Sign me up!
Join our community and find the healthy habits that work for you!
Leave a Reply